Thursday, April 5, 2007

I'm 'blogging' - go figure!!!

Well, hello, all! Whoever y'all might be!

I'm new to this world of Blogs - REALLY new...minutes old, this blog is in its infancy -

You see I just got home from a meeting of the Wedding and Portrait Photographers Guild of Ontario- a group based in Hamilton, ON. On the drive in I had made the comment that 'I don't have time to do a blog' - but after hearing what was said tonight about "blogging photographers", and the benefits and differences of blogging vs. that of my website, I've decided to give it a whirl.

I may not be on here all that much, what with my 16-month-old climbing on furniture (higher, higher!) and running around the property (I'm right behind her - btw!!) - but it will give me a chance to connect with people in a different, more personal way.

I would love it if you had a chance to visit my other on-line home: www.smvPhotography.com - Take a spin around the various pages full of images and tell me what you think.

Also: tell me what you are listening to, watching, reading...any good films that you've seen?

I look forward to delving into this blog world more - and to getting the opportunity to truly 'connect' with more of you (and I don't, necessarily, mean on-line) Get in touch. Write. Call. Let's do lunch...

OK...Off to bed, I think... (unless Photoshop calls to me one last time!)

~Sara

PS. Inspiring moment for me tonight: one of the group from my meeting has decided to sign on as a photographer for the Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep organization: Infant Bereavement Photography, by photographers who donate their time and talent to parents and families during their greatest moment of need: the death of a child. I am literally moved to tears each time I read about this organization, and found myself welling up again tonight. A truly inspiring act!

1 comment:

Ian T. said...

Sometimes it's hard to teach new tricks to a middle age old f*+t like me, but I guess I'm going to have to learn to Blog myself. Thanks for the inspiration, Sara.