Thursday, April 26, 2007

Greenhouse Fun!


A few days ago, my daughter and I got all packed up and headed to meet some friends at The Gage Park Greenhouses in east Hamilton. This park and these greenhouses, filled with beautiful tropical plants, ponds and lovely photo spots, hold fond memories for me from when I was a kid myself! My cousins, who lived adjacent to the park, and I would spend countless hours climbing trees and exploring all of the park's nooks and crannies. The City of Hamilton - my hometown (!) was hosting a Spring Bulb Extravaganza at the greenhouses, and we went down to run (!) amongst the plants and look at the fish, turtles and birds! There were even men working and potting up plants for the city gardens, and the kids found them fascinating to watch. One of the workers came over to me, and very seriously said: "You're going to have to keep your daughter out of our workspace...she's holding up production!" - For a moment I thought he was serious!

Go check out the park if you can - the roses will be in bloom before you know it!

~Sara

No comments: