Monday, May 14, 2007

::KINDRED SPIRITS::



Laurie Reviol, my most kindred spirit in this world (other than my husband!), was my Matron of Honour at our wedding. Laurie is a professional singer, based in Germany, and for those of you who were at our "Concert Wedding", I'm sure you'll remember as she sang coming up the aisle, and all of her wonderful singing during the wedding itself.





















We see each other very rarely these days - once or twice every few years. But the sign that our friendship is genuine is knowing that we can fall immediately into our old familiar ways - with no awkwardness or strained silences. We laugh and cajole each other, just as we have since our university days. I was honoured to take her photograph today for a new set of publicity shots. In her signature style, Laurie wanted something a bit different: an unlikely setting for photos of a classical singer. I suggested the vintage 1930's restaurant Easterbrook's in Aldershot, Ontario. These are a few of the photos taken at this very cool and legendary hot-dog stand: 77 years of lovers odes carved into the wooden booths, the jukebox, arcade machines, even the locals add to the fantastic atmosphere. Take your best friend some time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sara! I love these shots! More soon. Love, Laurie